ADIOS

Years ago, I realized that people sometimes shared content in recurring patterns (for example, "word of the day" or "quote of the day" or "person of the week"). But I wondered why people limited themselves to particular categories. I wanted to go broader, so I started a blog where something would be posted once a week—something in essentially any category as long the content was worth sharing. It started on September 14, 2012, with what would become the blog's first theme verse: "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31). Since then, four more theme verses have been published, each on September 14 of different years.

I continued posting on the blog for over a year till the end of 2013. At that point, I stopped because I felt like it was the right thing to do. For two years (2014-2015), there were no new posts on Of the Week. Then, on January 1, 2016, I resumed (to the surprise of my followers), and something has been published every week since then. 
Along the way, the number of categories has increased, unwritten traditions have been set, and the design of the blog has changed.

I have really enjoyed getting to share what I believe to be quality content through this blog. It's been a lot of fun! However, after the end of this year, I plan to take another break from Of the Week.


A lot of this blog has been about sharing other peoples' great content, but I plan to spend more time next year producing my own content. I believe that it's healthy for Of the Week to take breaks from time to time; the creative process works best when there is rest involved. Also, taking breaks like this is a reminder that a ministry for the Lord is not the same as a relationship with the Lord. I might return to posting "of the weeks" sometime in the future, but after 2018, I'm going to leave it for awhile.

I appreciate those who have encouraged me along the journey. I hope the content has been—and will continue to be—a blessing to you. Keep sharing your own quality content. Most importantly, keep sharing Jesus and living for Him!


OTW in 2013

OTW in 2016

OTW in 2017

OTW in 2018

"In my hand, I hold a seed, broken and covered in earth.
Let's bury deep and hope will grow, time show us its worth.
In ten years' time, should we return, gathered far and wide,
We'll search these fields one summer's day and find what we have made."

Comments

  1. Thanks for consistently sharing such a variety of quality content with us. I am excited that you will be creating more excellent works of your own! Will they be publicly available?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for encouraging me and for recommending great content to be shared! Some of my future content may be made public eventually. But for now, you can enjoy the links below:

      https://armyourself.weebly.com/
      https://www.youtube.com/mashvideos
      https://www.blipfoto.com/minimalmash
      https://plus.google.com/+MarkAshurst

      Delete

Post a Comment