“Forever” | SONG of the week

Cocoa beach sunrise waterArtist: The Gray Havens
Year: 2018

So here we go, like mist and water
that's here and gone.
But here we'll stay on forever,
be back someday.

Look, all I know is
I believe it's gonna change at the moment when the trumpets[plural?] blow.
And all I see—
all I see I believe is gonna change inside the walls of eternity.
So here we go.

So when I stand at that station to movin' on,
and I find my step upon the doorway
where the lights come from,
look, all I know, is I'll be changed in a moment
when I take that step, when I'm called back home.
No end I'll know.

Cuz forever is in my soul.
It's in my veins. I think we know
that the future's gonna be so bright.
And when you turn my way,
it's gonna fill my eyes
forever.

Forever is in my soul.
It's in my veins, and it won't let go.


"It is the secret signature of each soul, the incommunicable and unappeasable want, the thing we desired before we met our wives or made our friends or chose our work . . . While we are, this is. If we lose this, we lose all."
C. S. Lewis

Comments