my next favorite national anthem melodies | SONGS of the week

As of the date of this post, these are some of my favorite national anthem melodies. This ranking was made based on my preference for the music without respect to any of the words of these anthems. The purpose of this post is to share good melodies, not to inspire patriotism toward any earthly nation.

Just in case you're curious, some of the runner-ups were Finland / Estonia, Mongolia, Marshall Islands, Sweden, Samoa, Cook Islands, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Ireland.

[2017-06-27 edit: I also like the second half of the South African national anthem.]

20. Zimbabwe


19. Austria

18. New Zealand (one of two)

17. Somalia

16. Canada

15. Spain

14. Israel

13. Malawi

12. Australia

11. France

See my post from 2017-02-25 for the top 10 . . .

"if a man were permitted to make all the ballads he need not care who should make the laws of a nation"
Andrew Fletcher

Comments