“Trust” | POEM of the week

by Martha Snell Nicholson

I trust Him for my daily bread
The keeping of my precious dead,
The wiping out of all my sin,
My going out, my coming in.

I trust Him for the grace to bear
This pain and weariness and care,
I trust Him with this laboring breath,
And with my ancient fear of death.

Within the anguish of my mind
His purpose and His love I find,
Nor will He fail to give me strength
Which meets the need of each day's length.

In the day and in the night,
In the darkness and the light,
I trust the guidance of His hand
Through ways I cannot understand,

Until at last, earth's shadows gone,
I shall awake, some glorious dawn,
And in the brightness of His face
Begin to understand His grace!

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusted in him, and I am helped"
Psalm 28:7 KJV

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Martha Snell Nicholson was a great inspiration, in both her life and poetry!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment